Editing a post
Whether it's a post you created or a Life Happens Pro post from the Post Library, you can easily edit the content of the post.
First, go to the Post Library or Post Calendar and click on the thumbnail of the post you'd like to edit. You will now see the post detail page which displays a preview of the post and allows you to edit or publish the post. Click Edit and follow the instructions below to change the post content.
Changing the post text
Click on the tab for each social network and edit the text as desired. Changes made to text for one network does not automatically copy to the other networks, so any text needs to be manually edited for each network. For example, editing text in the Facebook text box does not automatically copy to the Twitter or LinkedIn text boxes. View a preview of the post to the right of the text box. Click each tab to view the preview for that social network.
Changing the selected social networks
Click the checkbox to the left of each social network to add or remove the network. For Facebook, select from the drop down to post to a Page that you manage.
Adding an image to your post
Follow the steps below to add an image to your post.
- Click +IMAGE and the open file dialog box will appear.
- Navigate to where you have the image file saved on your computer, select the file and click Open.
- The image will now be added to your post for all social networks and can be seen in the post preview. If you'd like to use different images for each social network you will need to create separate posts.
- To remove the image, click the X to the right of the image file name.
Adding a link to your post
Follow the steps below to add a website link or video link to your post. Note: Life Happens Pro currently does not support uploading a video file to your post.
- Click +LINK and a box to enter the link URL will appear.
- Enter the URL of website or video you'd like to add to your post. The link must have http:// or https:// and contain no spaces.
- The link will now be added to your post for all social networks. The preview image and description for the link will automatically be pulled into your post and can be seen in the post preview.
- To remove the link, click the X to the right of the link URL.
Publishing a post
Once the post is ready to publish you have the following options:
- Click Schedule to select a date and time in the future to publish the post. In the pop up select the date and time for publishing and click Schedule. Note: All times are in Eastern time.
- Click Publish now to publish the post immediately. A pop up confirmation will display indicating that the post has been published. Please allow up to one minute for the post to publish on your selected social network and appear in your Post Calendar.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback