Creating a new post
With Life Happens Pro you can easily create and publish posts to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. First, make sure you have connect the social accounts that you would like to publish content to via Life Happens Pro. Click here for instructions on how to connect your social accounts.
Life Happens Pro also has a wealth of content that is available for you to publish to your social accounts. Click here for instructions on how to create a post from Life Happens Pro content library.
To create a new post, first log in to Life Happens Pro and go to Social Media > Create Post. Follow the steps below create and publish posts.
Adding text to a post
Follow the steps below to add text to your post.
- Click on the tab for the social network you'd like to post to and type the text for your post in the provided text box. You can add text for one network or up to all three. Adding text for one network does not automatically copy to the other networks, so any text needs to be manually added for each network. For example, adding text in the Facebook text box does not automatically copy to the Twitter or LinkedIn text boxes.
- View a preview of the post to the right of the text box. Click each tab to view the preview for that social network.
- Click Save as draft if you'd like to save the post and finish it at a later time. You will then find all your Draft posts in your Post Library.
Follow the steps in the sections below to add an image or link and publish your post. Please note, if you'd like to include both an image and a link in your post please add the link URL with the post text following the steps above.
Adding an image to your post
Follow the steps below to add an image to your post.
- Click +IMAGE and the open file dialog box will appear.
- Navigate to where you have the image file saved on your computer, select the file and click Open.
- The image will now be added to your post for all social networks and can be seen in the post preview. If you'd like to use different images for each social network you will need to create separate posts.
- To remove the image, click the X to the right of the image file name.
Adding a link to your post
Follow the steps below to add a website link or video link to your post. Note: Life Happens Pro currently does not support uploading a video file to your post.
- Click +LINK and a box to enter the link URL will appear.
- Enter the URL of website or video you'd like to add to your post. The link must have http:// or https:// and contain no spaces.
- The link will now be added to your post for all social networks. The preview image and description for the link will automatically be pulled into your post and can be seen in the post preview.
- To remove the link, click the X to the right of the link URL.
Publishing your post
Once your post is ready to publish follow the steps below.
- Click the checkbox to the left of each social network you'd like to post to. For Facebook, select from the drop down to post to a Page that you manage.
- Once the post is ready to publish you have the following options:
- Click Schedule to select a date and time in the future to publish the post. In the pop up select the date and time for publishing and click Schedule. Note: All times are in Eastern time.
- Click Publish now to publish the post immediately. A pop up confirmation will display indicating that the post has been published. Please allow up to one minute for the post to publish on your selected social network and appear in your Post Calendar.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback