You can easily create and publish posts to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn using Life Happens Pro content. First, make sure you have connected the social accounts that you would like to publish content to via Life Happens Pro. Click here for instructions on how to connect your social accounts.
Finding and publishing a post
Life Happens Pro has a wealth of content, including graphics and videos, that is available for you to publish to your social networks in the Post Library. To find content follow the steps below.
- Log in to Life Happens Pro and navigate to Social Media Post Library. You will see all post content created by you and by Life Happens Pro.
- To see just Life Happens Pro created content click the Post type filter and select Life Happens Pro Posts.
- You can further narrow down the available resources by clicking the Select categories filter. Select from the following categories of Life Happens Pro posts:
- Resource Type: Video or Graphic
- Branding: With or Without Life Happens Branding
- Insurance Type: Life Insurance, Permanent Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Long-Term Care Insurance, Lack of Insurance, Business Insurance, Workplace Insurance, Generic, Financial Planning
- Campaign: Life Insurance Awareness Month (LIAM), Insure Your Love, Disability Insurance Awareness Month (DIAM)
- Audience by Life Stage: Single, Married/Partner, Stay-at-Home Parent, With Young Children, With Teens, With Older Children, Empty-Nester, Retired, Preretirees, Gen Y, Millennial, Gen X, Baby Boomer
- Click Apply to view available resources for the selected categories.
- Click on the thumbnail to view the post details and select a post to publish. If you'd like to use the post as-is, follow the next steps. Otherwise skip to the Editing the post section below to customize the post.
- Click the Select platform drop down and select the checkbox next to the social network(s) you'd like to post to. For Facebook, also select from the Facebook page drop down to post to your Profile or a Page that you manage.
- You have the following options to publish the post:
- To publish a post in the future, select the date and time for publishing and click Schedule. Note: All times are in Eastern time.
- To publish the post immediately click Publish now. A pop up confirmation will display indicating that the post has been published. Please allow up to one minute for the post to publish on your selected social network and appear in your Post Calendar.
Editing and publishing a post
Each piece of Life Happens Pro content comes with prewritten post text. You may use the text as is, or customize it. To customize the post text follow the steps below.
- Once you have found a resource that you'd like to use in the Post Library, click on the thumbnail to view the post details.
- Click Edit to customize the post. Once you edit the post this will create a new version of the post in your Post Library. The original Life Happens Pro version will still be available.
- Click on the tab for each social network and edit the text as desired. Changes made to text for one network does not automatically copy to the other networks, so any text needs to be manually edited for each network. For example, editing text in the Facebook text box does not automatically copy to the Twitter or LinkedIn text boxes.
- View a preview of the post to the right of the text box. Click each tab to view the preview for that social network.
- Click the checkbox to the left of each social network you'd like to post to. For Facebook, select from the drop down to post to your Profile or a Page that you manage.
- Once the post is ready to publish you have the following options:
- Click Schedule to select a date and time in the future to publish the post. In the pop up select the date and time for publishing and click Schedule. Note: All times are in Eastern time.
- Click Publish now to publish the post immediately. A pop up confirmation will display indicating that the post has been published. Please allow up to one minute for the post to publish on your selected social network and appear in your Post Calendar.