To begin sending campaigns you'll need to create at least one list with your email contacts, or "subscribers." You can create as many lists as you’d like within your account, but for most users, we recommend maintaining a single list.
To create a new list in your account follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the Create list button in the upper right hand corner.
- In the List details section, you can enter a name for the list, set the default From name and email address, and enter a default email subject (optional). To ensure email deliverability we recommend using a custom domain.
- Enter your company name and address in the Contact information section. If you've already filled out your email marketing profile it will automatically pull that information in so you won't need to enter it again!
- You have the option to turn on/off automated email notifications when contacts are added to your list.
a. Send subscription confirmation email (Double Opt-In) - Sends a subscription confirmation email for subscribers to "opt-in" once they have been added to the list.
b. Send a welcome email - Sends an email welcoming subscribers to your list after they have opted-in.
c. Send unsubscribe notification to subscribers - Sends a final “Goodbye” email when a contact unsubscribes.
- When you're finished, click Save.
After you create your list, you'll be able to enter subscribers manually or upload contacts from a CSV file. For instructions, see the article Adding subscribers to your list.