Every new list starts out empty, but not for long. If you have an existing list of contacts or subscribers who have opted-in to receiving email from you, there are several different options for getting them into Life Happens Pro:
Manually enter subscribers
You can manually enter each subscriber individually by following these simple steps:
1. Navigate the Lists page. You should see the list(s) you have created.
2. On the far right side of the list you'd like to add a subscriber to, click the Add subscriber button.
3. Enter the subscriber's email address, first and last name, and click Save.
Import subscribers from a CSV file
Our list import tool can help you quickly upload and organize your email marketing audience. Here's what you'll need to get started:
- The names and email addresses of people who have opted-in to receive your email marketing.
- A list you have created in Life Happens Pro.
- A blank sheet in a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, saved or exported as a comma separated value (CSV) file.
Step 1: Prepare your spreadsheet
First, you'll need to prepare your spreadsheet file of contacts and save it as a CSV file.
1. In a spreadsheet program like Excel or Sheets, open your blank worksheet.
2. Create and label columns for EMAIL, FIRST_NAME and LAST_NAME.
3. Enter your contacts' information into the relevant fields in the spreadsheet.
4. Save the file in CSV format. This option can usually be accessed from the File menu in your spreadsheet program, labeled as "Save as ..." and selecting CSV as the file format. Different spreadsheet programs will vary a little bit. If you use another file type, we won’t be able to process the file.
Step 2: Import to your list
Now that you’ve completed these steps, you’re ready to import the CSV file to your list.
1. Navigate to the Lists page.
2. Click the drop-down menu next to the list you want to work with, and choose Import.
3. Use the "+" button on the right hand side to browse and select your file from your computer.
4. Click Import. You'll see a notification message once the import is finished.
Now you're ready to start sending email campaigns!