Note: Drip campaigns are only available to Premium users.
Drip campaigns allow you to create a targeted series of emails that send when triggered by a specific date, event, or activity. Use the drip campaign feature to streamline your recurring communications, and make sure your clients and prospects receive the right emails at the right time.
Drip campaigns are built in a series of steps just like regular email campaigns. To add a new drip campaign, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Drip Campaigns page.
2. Click Create Drip Campaign.
3. Next you'll need to enter a name for your drip campaign and the select the list from the drop-down menu. If your list has segments, you will also have the option to select a specific segment from the list.
4. Click Create.
5. On the Trigger step, you'll need to select how the drip campaign is triggered to begin sending. The options are:
- Immediately or on a specific date
- Weekly recurring
- Monthly recurring
- Event based: list subscription (i.e. a contact is added to your list)
- Event based: list unsubscription (i.e a contact unsubscribes from your emails)
- Event based: custom list/subscriber events (e.g. contact's birthday, list creation)
- Custom criteria (based on a list's custom fields)
For any event based triggers, you'll need to enter the time period to wait after the event occurs before sending the drip campaign. This can be in days, weeks, months or years.
6. Click Save & Next.
7. On the Workflow step, you'll design the email(s) and add, remove and reorder them for your drip campaign.
To add your first email of the drip campaign, click the Design button.
8. Enter your email's details including name (this is only visible to you), subject line, from name/email and reply to email. If you've already completed your Profile for Email Marketing these fields will be pre-populated. Select the email type as Regular or Plain text.
There are three optional features on the right, including:
- Track opens: who is opening your campaigns
- Track clicks: which links are clicked, how many times they are clicked and who did the clicking
- Add DKIM signature: sign the email with your sending domain (e.g. @mydomain.com) to help improve delivery rates
9. Click Save & Next.
10. On the Template step, you'll need to select a template for your email. You can choose to build a new template, select a template from your template gallery, or select a previously sent email campaign.
11. After creating and editing your email, click Save & Back to workflow.
12. Click the Add event button to add any additional emails to the drip campaign.
Note: You can add additional emails for the same trigger by clicking the Add email button. Any emails you add under the same trigger will send at the same time. In most cases, you will want to use the Add event button.
13. Enter the delay and trigger settings for the next email. The wait time can be in hours, days, weeks, months, or years and the trigger can be after the previous email is sent, opened, or a link is clicked. Click Design to create your email using the same as steps 8-11 above.
You can add as many steps to the drip campaign as you'd like using the Add event button and repeating the steps above.
14. Click Review & Confirm to review your drip campaign settings before sending. You can make any changes by clicking the Edit button to the right of each section.
15. Click Send and your drip campaign will go live!